Oakmasters’ craftsmen are experts in creating bespoke oak framed swimming pool buildings. Our frames have incorporated all kinds of design features, from magnificent vaulted ceilings, to subtle airy oak frames, with plenty of open space and glass to let in sunlight. With our experienced team on hand to offer design expertise and technical advice, your imagination is the only limit.
Why choose an oak framed swimming pool building by Oakmasters?
- Specialist oak framing knowledge – oak framed swimming pool houses represent the ultimate luxury. The wide spans and structural shapes required to create an appropriately luxurious space for indoor swimming pools can present some unique challenges. Oakmasters are the leading designer and manufacturer of these complex oak structures, making use of the latest advances in oak framing technology to engineer oak framed swimming pool buildings to be proud of. Our specialist knowledge spans over decades and our portfolio of oak framed swimming pool houses contains many impressive structures. See for yourself in our oak framed swimming pool buildings gallery.
- Superior craftsmanship and hand-wrought finish – Our oak swimming pool houses are designed and engineered for beauty as well as durability. We create the structures with chunky, statement oak posts and trusses, each of which receives a hand-wrought surface finish to take away the saw marks and give the wood a lived-in look.
- 12-year guarantee – we are confident in our engineering and oak framing skills. That’s why we offer a 12-year guarantee on all our oak frames and our encapsulated glazing system. This means, that even long after your oak framed swimming pool house is finished, we are here to help. Not that this keeps us very busy! We can also provide insurance-backed guarantee for the same period of time, on request (POA).
What to do next?
You may be right at the beginning on your journey, already have a few sketches, or indeed full plans. It is best to contact us as soon as possible, as an oak frame for this kind of structure is quite complex in its design, which may affect the overall look of your oak framed swimming pool building.
- You need planning permission and design – our in-house design team can create initial design concepts based on your specifications. All you need at this stage is a few sketches or photographs of what you have seen or like. Just talk to us about your initial ideas; ask us any questions you may have. We will work with you to ensure you are pleased with the initial oak swimming pool house design concepts. We can then manage your planning application for you.
- You already have a design or planning permission – we will give you an initial idea of cost based on your existing concepts. If this works for you, we will then create a full set of oak frame drawings for production and engineering purposes and adjust the quote should this be required. We can then begin the manufacture of your oak framed swimming pool building.
- Your architect needs specialist oak frame design – in this case we will act as a specialist oak frame design consultant and work with your architect to help engineer the most suitable oak frame solution for your oak swimming pool building.
It’s never too early to give us a call, as we feel we can add valuable input into your project plans even before you apply for planning.
Our bespoke oak framed swimming pool building services
The range of our services spans from straightforward manufacture through to full concept-to-completion of oak swimming pool buildings.
- Full architectural services including concept design, planning applications, detailed oak frame design, building regulations and structural engineering.
- Manufacture and assembly of the very highest quality, hand-finished oak frame.
- Scalable solutions: from simply supplying the oak frame, to full turnkey packages, via our national network of building contractor partnerships.
- Supply and installation of related softwood sub-framing such as stud-work, joisting and rafters.
- Supply and installation of related joinery products such as windows and external doors.
- Supply and installation of various types of weather-tight shell wall build up, with finishes ranging from oak or softwood feather edge cladding, to exposed oak infill panels which are ready to render, or ready for masonry outer walls.
- Leak-proof Encapsulated oak frame glazing, both supply and installation.
- Augmented frame requirements utilising other materials such as glulam and steel.
Find out more about our bespoke oak framed pool buildings
Frequently asked questions relating to oak framed swimming pool houses
Do I need planning permission for an oak framed swimming pool house?
In most cases, you probably will. It is always worth giving your local planning authority a call just to scope the case, even before you have any plans drawn up. Find out more about our planning services here.
Can you help with design and planning application for my oak framed swimming pool building?
Yes we can. We can create concept designs and manage the planning application process for you. We will make amendments to the design throughout the process if required and negotiate with the planning department on your behalf. Once the planning permission is granted, we will produce a full set of drawings for production, engineering and building regulations. See more about our oak frame design services here.
I already have an oak framed swimming pool building design, can you quote based on that?
Yes, just send us the designs and talk to our team about your plans and we will produce a quotation based on these. Once you are happy with the initial price, we will produce production, engineering and building regs. drawings as part of the project.
Can you provide a complete design to build solution for my oak framed swimming pool house?
We can work with you on a fully flexible basis. Some of our clients prefer to use their own building contractors and come to us for oak frame design and supply only. Others require a complete solution, which we are also able to help with. We can provide complete building services for your oak framed swimming pool building through our network of reliable building contractors specifically in your area.
How much does it cost to build an oak framed swimming pool building?
The cost of build of your oak framed swimming pool house will depend on the size of your pool, the amount of space you want around it, the roof structure and the amount of glazing you require. Each oak framed swimming pool building is unique and we can give you budgetary costs based on initial design concepts or your existing plans. The best thing to do is to give us a call and chat with us on the phone. We don't have pushy sales people, so even if you are the research stage and are comparing different build methods, we will be able to have a chat with you to give you a rough idea.